The Writers' Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SNP and Scottish Independance!

3 posters

Go down

SNP and Scottish Independance! Empty SNP and Scottish Independance!

Post  Mr Coyote Sun May 08, 2011 2:27 am

As a Scot, and a Labour voter/memeber I was horrified that the SNP clinched a majority in the Scottish parliament, truly gutting times. We all know the big thing on 'President' Salmond's mind is independance and in the second half of this parliament they will offer a referendum of independance, to release Scottish 'shackles' and break up the union.

I'm completely opposed to independance, and love our little British Union. What about the rest of you?

P.S. Kelvin MacKenzie is a *****

Mr Coyote
MOD
MOD

Back to top Go down

SNP and Scottish Independance! Empty Re: SNP and Scottish Independance!

Post  davew Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:19 am

Scots independence. It would completely change the nature and character of the UK. No North Atlantic bases for the Royal Navy, but would Scotland be able to afford a Navy of it's own?

No Scots oil revenue, but no more English tax money going to Scottish coffers either. I've no idea what the figures are, I'm pretty sure there's plenty of ways for Scotland to balance the books and create a workable economy and I'm also sure there'll be a period of adjustment...

...if it goes through.

I'm not entirely sure it will. I think the average Scot is no more interested in total independence from the UK than the average Englishman is.

davew
Just Starting
Just Starting

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnstone McGuckian Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:40 pm

Agreed. I really don't think that the Scottish want independence. I'm not bothered either way by it, although I am a bit miffed that I pay £3000 for uni when they don't.
Johnstone McGuckian
Johnstone McGuckian
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor

https://writingroom.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum