The Writers' Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Osama Bin Laden has been killed

2 posters

Go down

Osama Bin Laden has been killed Empty Osama Bin Laden has been killed

Post  Johnstone McGuckian Tue May 03, 2011 9:31 am

I honestly never thought they'd get him. Whether killing him was the right move or not, it's no bad thing at all that he's no longer out there and free.
Johnstone McGuckian
Johnstone McGuckian
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor

https://writingroom.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Osama Bin Laden has been killed Empty Re: Osama Bin Laden has been killed

Post  Mr Coyote Sun May 08, 2011 5:32 am

Johnstone McGuckian wrote:I honestly never thought they'd get him. Whether killing him was the right move or not, it's no bad thing at all that he's no longer out there and free.

I think from an American perspective it was the only option, you have to consider what a lenghty trial would have done...for a start, is there actually any solid evidence? And we know that Obama is desperate to get rid of places like Guantanamo (spelling?) Bay so that asks another question, where do you put him?

Plus it's not the first time they've tried a bast**d and the lack of evidence has probed tricky, only for him to go and die on them...yeah you all know who I'm talking about!

Oh and you also have the trial of Saddam Hussien in Iraq which was widely stated to be illegal. It was probably the easiet, and most reliable way to create some kind of justice, but rest assured, there is always someone waiting to step up to the plate, yes it is a blow to these extremist, but it is by no means the end.

Mr Coyote
MOD
MOD

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum